Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Hospital

Before i left for here Nils gave me a good bit of advice, dont go to the hospital. well i did. the evening of the 16th i had just arrived at the gym. some people were playing 21 so i thought i would join....bad idea.... no more than 2 minuets after i had joined i landed on Anthony's foot and twisted my left ankle. so i walk/crawl/hop to the wall and lay there, with everyone around me making sure im ok. so with my ankle throbbing in pain (i mean this really really hurt) i sent Rubin to go find some ice. while he was gone some guy from the gym came and gave me so icey hot for my now almost softball size ankle. this helped for about 1o or 15 minuets then the pain came back. now i have a decent tolorence of pain but this almost made me throw up. about 20 minuets after i got the icey hot Rubin came back with no ice. he went to 3 or 4 different places to get ice and no one had any. by now the pain had subdued to a constant deep pain, no more of the pain spikes. so with no ice and a softball sized ankle, Rubin, myself and a few other guys slowly made the walk back to the dorm. for those of you who know the campus, its a dang long walk back to the guys dorm from the gym, especially on one leg or on someones back or hopping or something like that. after getting to the guys dorm i was able to get some ice in the form of a frozen water bottle, nothing has ever felt so good in my life. while at the deans office they all started filling out paper work and chatting and looking at my ankle. me, not knowing enough spaish to know what was going on, just sat there with a dumb look on my face, finally figured out that they were sending me to the hospital. ugh i really didnt want to go nor did i think i needed to go, just give me some ice and let me go to my room and baby myself. so i go to the hospital and get put in a wheel chair and rolled all around. first we had to go to the front desk and check in, then it was off to a room where they checked my pulse and blood pressue....the usual. then back to the hallway where there was a soccor game going on between Boca and some other team. then upstairs to the x-ray room where i sat and waited for about 25 minuets for the x-ray doctor to show up. all the while trying to talk to the kid that has been pushing me all over the place (we actually had a pretty good conversation.....i think). after getting 4 pictures of the ankle taken we sat in the x-ray room for another 20 min waiting for something.......i dont know when. then the x-ray doctor came in asked a few questions then i was wheeled back downstairs to the hallway where the soccor game was going on, to find out that Boca had lost 1-0 in the 40th min. then i sat in the hallway for about another 15 minuets to wait for a different doctor to come and read the x-rays to tell me that my ankle wasnt broken. then he gave me a picece of paper saying that tomorrow i need to go to the pharmacy and get a leg brace for my left leg and to wear it for 3 weeks!!! this did not make me happy, i see no reason in wearing it for 3 weeks. all i really needed was some ice to keep on my ankle and some crutches to get around faster. and i have a check up with the doctor on tuesday to make sure everything is ok.
over all im happy that nothing is broken and that in a few weeks i will be able to run and jump and play volleyball! im sure there is a lot that i didnt mention but i am tired and i will try to add more tomorrow and get some pictures up by this weekend.
other than the hospital thing everything is going fine. i have my spanish placement test tomorrow and i think im going to a Chilain (spelled it wrong but i dont care) party saturday night i think. hope all is well with you guys. love ya

lars

No comments:

Post a Comment