Monday, September 14, 2009

Travel Day 2 and Arrival

Hey all,

Sorry it has taken me so long to be able to write back but I wasn’t able to get internet in Dallas or at the airport in Buenos Aires. And now that I am at the school I can’t get on there because I need a login and a password to get in, so I writing this in Word so I can copy and paste this when I get internet.

My travels have been good. It was a long flight from Dallas down here and I wasn’t able to sleep much. I sat next to a nice lady who was from some town in northern Argentina and fortunately she spoke pretty good English so we were able to talk some (I know I’m supposed to speak Spanish but I was to tired to think in Spanish). I did meet a girl in the Dallas airport who I did know. She was a girl who was in my Spanish class winter and spring quarters, her name is Rebecca. There are a couple of other people who I know, Jon, Nadia, Anna, and Rebecca are the people I know. Nadia and Rebecca I didn’t know were coming and it was a nice surprise to see both of them. I have gotten to know a few more of the ACA people, all of whom I have forgotten their names, except Mike who I talked to on the bus from the airport to here.

When I arrived in Buenos Aires, I was part of the first people to get there. Our plane was late lading so I didn’t have as long of a time to sit there and talk to people. After everyone had arrived we all took off to head into downtown and go to an Adventist restaurant and eat some non-airplane “food”. It’s a buffet place right downtown by a couple of the main plazas, all vegetarian and vegan foods. The food was ok, it was nice to actually eat something that had some substance. After that we made the 6 hour trip to the University. Once arriving we were taken to the cafeteria and given some food (yay for good ‘ol peanut butter and jelly sandwiches). While there we were given the keys to out rooms and an I.D card. Although some of us, myself included, did not get I.D cards because for whatever reason they don’t have all of our information so they can’t give us one. But right now I’m too tired to really care about it, they said we could fix it in the morning. After handing everyone their I.D’s and keys we were led to our respective dorms. They had some problems with getting my room, because when we were at the cafeteria they gave me two different rooms that I needed to go in, both of which had other ACA people assigned to them. So ultimately I ended up in a different room on the second floor (room 28, just for the record). I have two roommates, one is from Uruguay and speaks a little bit of what he calls “British English”, and his name is David. The other guy is from Buenos Aires and his name is Matias and he speaks no English at all.

I think I have figured out what David is trying to tell me. I think I am going to transfer this word document over to his computer then use his to post this on my blog. Then I’m going to take a shower and try to go to bed. I slept for about 4 or 5 hours on the bus so it will be hard for me to get to sleep for a bit. So if you are reading this tonight then I was able to get on David’s computer and post this, if you are reading this tomorrow then well I got my internet to work.

Good night everyone, if you have any questions feel free to post them on my blog page of my facebook! Love you all

Lars

1 comment:

  1. Hey it is good to hear from you.
    I wish you luck in the rest of your year.
    It would be sweet to see some pictures.
    Love ya man. Take care

    This is josh Linfoot

    ReplyDelete